Carline Reminder - The bell rings at 7:30 a.m. Expect to wait a few minutes in line if you arrive after 7:20. Please give yourself enough time in the morning to have your children unloaded by the 7:30 bell when morning prayer begins. Thanks for your cooperation!
Prospective New Family Contact Information – Please send contact information for prospective new families for the 2017-18 school year. Preparations are being made for recruitment events. There are only limited seats available in certain grades, so early registration is important!
Report Cards - January 11 - Please sign and return the report card jacket on January 12.
Spirit Dress Down Day - January 11. Students may wear a spirit shirt with jeans, school shorts or skirts. School shoes must be worn. Please see the SES Handbook for complete dress down guidelines.
AR Field Trip - January 12 for students who qualify. Permission slips and money due Wednesday, January 11.
Drama Practice - Practice on Monday, January 9 is cancelled. Tuesday, January 10-January 13. Practices will be from 2:00-4:30 for all groups. If anyone has a roll-away bed that can be used for the drama play, please contact the office.
Snack Sales - January 13, 20 and 27. All items are $1.
Boys Basketball Games- Monday, January 9 at St. Francis Xavier-5th grade vs. St. Jude at 5:45; 6th grade vs. St. Francis Xavier at 6:30; 8th grade vs. Catholic High School at 7:15. Wednesday, January 11-Home vs. Catholic of Pointe Coupee- 5th grade at 5:45; 6th grade at 6:30; 8th grade at 7:15. Friday, January 13- Home- 5th grade vs. Holy Family at 7:15.
Martin Luther King Holiday - No School. Monday, January 16.
Sports Pictures- have been changed to Thursday, January 26. Boys Basketball players must bring uniforms to school for pictures.
Lip Sync - Friday, January 20 at 7:00. Lip sync practice will be Wednesday, January 18. after school. Please return permission forms by Friday, January 13. Please see the paper sent home today for important information about Lip sync.
K Parent Breakfast- Tuesday, January 24 at 7:00. Parents are invited to join us in the prayer garden following breakfast.
Dress Down to Make a Difference– January 25. All proceeds will go to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Students are allowed to wear “Dress Down Day” attire for a minimum donation of $2.00. Please follow the rules stated in the handbook 4.4.7. Dress Down Day Guidelines:
- Students who are allowed to participate in Dress Down Days should dress appropriately for school. This includes:
- No open shoes, platform shoes, sandals, slip on or boots. Shoes must be closed.
- Regulation socks must be worn.
- Usual rules for jewelry and makeup apply.
- Shirts must not advertise alcohol, tobacco, offensive language, rock groups, or music.
- No sleeveless shirts, tight-fitting pants, wind pants or sweatpants. Jeans must not be tight fitting or too baggy or have holes in them. Wide bottom and low-waist pants are inappropriate. Pants must be worn at the waist.
- No other inappropriate clothing is allowed. Clothing must completely cover the student’s torso. No skin should be seen between shirt and pants.
- Only uniform shorts are allowed. No other shorts may be worn. All pants must come to the ankle.
- Belts must be worn if pants have belt loops.
Aftercare payments – Please be attentive to aftercare fees and submit payments in a timely fashion.
Breakfast in the cafeteria is from 7:10- 7:25 daily. Please make sure your child arrives early enough if you want them to eat breakfast.