We wish all of our families a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Carline Reminder - The bell rings at 7:30 a.m. Expect to wait a few minutes in line if you arrive after 7:20. Please give yourself enough time in the morning to have your children unloaded by the 7:30 bell when morning prayer begins. Thanks for your cooperation!
Prospective New Family Contact Information – Please send contact information for prospective new families for the 2017-18 school year. Preparations are being made for recruitment events. There are only limited seats available in certain grades, so early registration is important!
Schedule Change- St. Elizabeth will not have school on January 6 because of roof repairs. Students will return Monday, January 9.
New Orleans Pelicans Basketball- See below the application for the Pelicans soaring student club. Students can receive one free ticket to a New Orleans Pelicans game with the purchase of an adult ticket. See details below.
The Winner-A-week Raffle winner for December 14 was 967.
8th Grade Play Practice - Wednesday, December 21 until 4 p.m. Students must bring permission slips.
2nd Nine Weeks Exams– Monday, December 19- Social Studies & English, Tuesday, December 20- Math & Religion, Wednesday, December 21- Science & Reading.
Last day to test for AR– Wednesday, December 21. This is the last day to test for AR for the nine weeks and also to qualify for the first semester field trip. The following is the link for the AR Home Connect to track your child's AR progress. Also, once logged in, parents can set up an email notification to be notified with your child's test results. https://hosted25.renlearn.com/208703/HomeConnect/Login.aspx
Christmas Nativity, Christmas Play and Class Parties- Thursday, December 22. Please see the schedule below: 7:40-8:40-Mass 8:40-9:30-Christmas Nativity 9:30-11:00-Classes will attend Brunch in the Cafeteria. 11:45-12:45-Christmas Program in Community Center 1:00-2:00-Class Parties (Pizza will be served during class parties) No aftercare on December 22
Christmas Holidays- Friday, December 23-Friday, January 6. Students return Monday, January 9.
Report Cards - January 11
Drama Practice - Practice on Monday, January 9 is cancelled. Tuesday, January 10-January 13
Boys Basketball Games- Monday, January 9 at St. Francis Xavier-5th grade vs. St. Jude at 5:45; 6th grade vs. St. Francis Xavier at 6:30; 8th grade vs. Catholic High School at 7:15. Wednesday, January 11-Home vs. Catholic of Pointe Coupee- 5th grade at 5:45; 6th grade at 6:30; 8th grade at 7:15. Friday, January 13- Home- 5th grade vs. Holy Family at 7:15.
Sports Pictures- Thursday, January 19. Boys Basketball players must bring uniforms to school for pictures.
Lip Sync - Get your creative juices flowing! Lip Sync 2017 is scheduled for January 20.
K Parent Breakfast- Tuesday, January 24 at 7:00. Parents are invited to join us in the prayer garden following breakfast.
Dress Down to Make a Difference– Moved to January 25. All proceeds will go to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Students are allowed to wear “Dress Down Day” attire for a minimum donation of $2.00. Please follow the rules stated in the handbook 4.4.7. Dress Down Day Guidelines:
- Students who are allowed to participate in Dress Down Days should dress appropriately for school. This includes:
- No open shoes, platform shoes, sandals, slip on or boots. Shoes must be closed.
- Regulation socks must be worn.
- Usual rules for jewelry and makeup apply.
- Shirts must not advertise alcohol, tobacco, offensive language, rock groups, or music.
- No sleeveless shirts, tight-fitting pants, wind pants or sweatpants. Jeans must not be tight fitting or too baggy or have holes in them. Wide bottom and low-waist pants are inappropriate. Pants must be worn at the waist.
- No other inappropriate clothing is allowed. Clothing must completely cover the student’s torso. No skin should be seen between shirt and pants.
- Only uniform shorts are allowed. No other shorts may be worn. All pants must come to the ankle.
- Belts must be worn if pants have belt loops.
Aftercare payments – Please be attentive to aftercare fees and submit payments in a timely fashion.
Breakfast in the cafeteria is from 7:10- 7:25 daily. Please make sure your child arrives early enough if you want them to eat breakfast.